Thursday, August 30, 2007

Finally...back to running

My last run...was Saturday. Four straight days with no running. This is probably the longest I have gone without a run since last winter. My life has met the perfect storm in the form of visiting relatives from out of state, huge deadlines at work, planned work day hikes, and preparation for vacation next week. We leave tomorrow night for an 11 hour drive down to VA. We drive at night to let the kids sleep and reduce their anxiety. We did this over Christmas and it worked out really well. I am planning on getting some runs in down there as I packed the jogging stroller and running clothes.

Today I went on moderate run with Ethan at a 7:00 mile pace over a 6.1 mile course. The heat is back which is just as well since I will be running in 90 degrees and humidity next week.

The best news this year came today as my brother, Chris, and sister-in-law, April, welcomed to the world their first daughter, Morgan, and Quinn and Riley's first cousin. We are really looking forward to rolling into VA on Saturday to meet this little girl. Until then.

No comments: