Monday, August 6, 2007

Easy rain run

Distance: 6.2
Time: 0:47:26
Pace: 7:41
Avg. HR: 151

Got out today for a nice, easy, cool 6.2 miles around South Freeport. Joining me was my left-wing buddy Tom who has been absent from the run scene while training for and riding century bike rides. Tom is a rock solid athlete with tons of talent and quite an attitude if crossed. If you see me running with Tom please do not cut us off in your car or crowd us on the shoulder. I promise you will get a rock through your windshield! Tom is fun and the conversation is never dull. Anyhow, the high temps have abated and we ran in a nice cool light rain which made our run much more bearable.

My Western States 100 application will hopefully be in the mail sometime this week. Exciting stuff. But I still have to make it through the lottery and get through the remaining ultras on my list this year. Next up...the Vermont 50. I am looking forward to getting back to that beautiful part of the country.

No comments: