Thursday, August 16, 2007

Announcing...

So we received word today. L.L.Bean is going to sponsor our trail race this fall. This is a first for L.L.Bean and a first for me, but luckily not for my main partner in this endeavor, Ian Parlin. Ian directs the Pineland Farms 25K and 50K Trail Challenge and is going to be running the show for this race as well. It is looking like the race will be held October 28th at Bradbury Mountain State Park and will be in the 15K range. We are planning to run around Bradbury Saturday morning to scope out a course. Ultimately we hope this "test" race proves successful and we can convince L.L.Bean to enter a more longer lasting relationship with us by sponsoring an entire Maine Trail series next year. More later.

I got out at lunch today with Ethan and Jim for 6 miles. Ethan peeled off at the 4.5 for some extra mileage and speed work. Jim and I came in at 41 mins. for a 7:37 pace. Felt good and had a good time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is great news. Please keep us posted as news unfolds, which I know you will do. And perhaps this will be a good excuse for Ian to spend some quality time with the Trail Monster web site.

Marshall on.

Blaine Moore said...

Great news!

I have to admit, though, that I was hoping you'd pick a different weekend for it. Unfortunately, I won't be able to add another body (either running or volunteering) since I will be in DC running the Marine Corps marathon that day.

I'll try to help with some early prep work if you need it, though.

Olga said...

Good luck with making it happen the best way!