Tuesday, July 17, 2007

LiveStrong

I felt compelled to write one more post tonight. This one regarding a recent announcement by Nike to revamp the Lance Armstrong 10//2 and LiveStrong line of apparel and to now donate 100% of profits to the LAF. I am a huge fan of Lance Armstrong and especially his foundation. As a cancer survivor myself, this organization holds a special place in my heart. Not only have I worn a LiveStrong band since they were introduced, I have it tattooed on my calf.

For those who know me well, it might surprise them that I, who harbors much distrust of corporations and their motivations (bottom line profit and pleasing shareholders), would come out so loudly applauding a behemoth like Nike. But this is truly a relationship that will benefit many and this is something Nike did not have to do. So thank you Nike. Sign me up. Time for us all to drink the corporate cool aid on this one and buy some new clothes.

No comments: