Wednesday, July 25, 2007

First run post-VT 100

Sorry for no report yesterday but there was nothing big to share. Having said that, I did come in to work yesterday to about a million emails from coworkers congratulating me on my race. Apparently my VP sent out a broadcast email to the company about my results. It is great to work for such a supportive company...it would be even cooler if they would pay me to run. Maybe I can convince them to bring trail races to Maine and sponsor an L.L.Bean trail series. I'll have to confer with my peeps Ian, James, and Jamie on that one.

I did get out for my first run today. I ran a few miles with a buddy at work and with the exception of a little quad soreness, I felt really good. I also feel lucky that I have not yet suffered from the stomach virus many of the VT 100 participants are complaining about, including Jamie. That would be no good.

Also, I have a confession to make. Last night while reading through "Ultrarunning" magazine, I found myself in the race listings looking for a hundred miler to run in the fall...

I am also still working on my race report and plan on having something in the next few days.

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Great you got out out there for a run. I'm holding off until this weekend, especially with the stomach thing that I have finally fully kicked. Awesome that LL Bean is so supportive. Can't say that I'm too surprised though, as I hear of nothing but great things about how they treat their employees (and customers!). The Bean rocks.

Blaine Moore said...

Hah, I can't say that I've done that looking for a 100 miler, but I have certainly done that with marathons and the like.

Nice recovery; I am hoping that if I run the 50k in September that it is a similar one and done type of situation so that I'm ready to run the Marine Corps marathon a few weeks later.