Sunday, July 15, 2007

Introduction...getting ready for 100.

Howdy. This is my first shot at "blogging" and I want to give a shout out to my man Jamie for giving me the inspiration to do so. Hopefully my blog can provide as much cool information as his does. Personally, my goal for this blog is to share my running experiences, both training and racing, and to use this as a spot to develop ideas for much larger and ambitious writing plans.

I love running. It has saved my life, and each training run and race changes who I am and alters every fiber of my being. I get stronger with every run (well, most of the time) and feel a little more blessed at the completion of each training day.

I intend to post here as often as my two kids and wife allow me. As I write this I am less than one week from my first 100 Mile endurance run attempt: The Vermont 100. To say that I am a little afraid is an understatement. I am terrified to say the least, particularly of the many miles I have never covered between my longest run and the race distance. But it is this unknown that I believe propels me headfirst into this meeting with the Vermont landscape.

Godspeed.

2 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Welcome to blogland, Stephen! I'm honored to leave the first comment. Vermont 100, here we come!

Blaine Moore said...

Good Luck!

I'll look for your name in the results.