Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Treadmill

I am happy to report that my treadmill is happy. I ran on it for the first time in almost two weeks tonight and it is running better than I remember it doing for awhile. I had to run chore at work today (got a parking ticket for my troubles) so I missed my outside run so I ran indoors tonight. I am quite happy that Kelly and I don't mind resorting to the treadmill. Without it I think that we would not get much running done during the winter.

Run stats: Treadmill, 6.0 miles, 45:45, 7:38 pace, 2% incline

Other exciting news. This weekend is the Trail Monster Running Fat Ass 50K at Bradbury Mountain State Park. There is a group planning on running just over 31 miles on snowmobile trails and other assorted packed (hopefully) trails. The course consists of 3, 10.5 mile loops. I am probably going to jump in for 2 of those as my training is not as ahead as some of these other guys who have earlier races than I do. My prime motivator at this point is to be ready for Memorial Day weekend's 50 miler at Pineland Farms and pacing Jamie 40 miles at Western States 100. I am also happy to report that I started my flight search today for transportation options out to California for said pacing duty. More on that as plans arise!

No comments: