Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Snowy wet run, Eastern States and Two Trials

I was fortunate to avoid the treadmill the last couple days. Monday I took as a rest day and yesterday I got out for a noon time run with my buddy Tom and we had a great run in moderate temps and a nice partly sunny day. As has been the case with the last few weeks of runs, we started somewhat slow (7:37 pace) and hit negative splits for the entire run, ending at a 7:00 pace. I felt great, but my heart rate was quite high due to the topic of conversation which involved the Democrat Primary race. Nasty and getting nastier.

Tuesday Run Stats: South Freeport / 46:55 / 6.4 miles / 7:22 avg pace / 151 avg hr / 173 max hr

Today I ran with Ethan on the same course as yesterday. The weather was a bit different than yesterday. There was a pretty good mixed precipitation falling which left things quite wet. My feet were soaked at the end of the run but this didn't slow us down. I don't mind running in nasty weather like this but I don't trust drivers on the roads when they are clear, much less when they are slushy. But we escaped unscathed and ended with a beautifully consistent negative splits. We started at a 7:39 and dropped roughly 9 seconds a mile to finish at a 6:49.

Wednesday Run Stats: South Freeport / 44:34 / 6.1 miles / 7:20 avg pace / 155 avg HR / 183 max HR

Other fun stuff. I signed up for the Eastern States 20 Mile. There should be a great group of friends joining me. Jim from work, Jamie, Brian, and maybe my man James. Also, please take the time to check out the following link: http://twotrials.org/. This is Emily LeVan's website that allows you to track her progress while she trains for the US Women's Olympic Marathon Trials and as she cares for her 4 year old daughter who was recently diagnosed with leukemia. Awesome site. Awesome woman (even though I don't know her with the exception of running many of the same races she runs). Awesome child. Check it out and donate!

No comments: