Thursday, September 13, 2007

Great trails

Today I was fortunate enough to escape the confines of my desk at lunch and enjoy the nice trails that L.L.Bean maintains behind our office. There are miles of trails that are kept well. In fact, I ran into a number of fellow employees and locals out there running. What a treat.

I went with my buddy Tom Tero and we covered about four miles (short day - the desk needed me). The weather was absolutely perfect as was the run. Except I fell. I hit an unseen stump and buffered my fall with the heel of my left hand, leaving my hand quite numb. As I type this I think it is continuing to swell. The blood drawn from the wound to my knee barely fazed me, but the hand is another story. Oh how I love trail running. Maybe we will have to consider these trails for an L.L.Bean trail series race next year. It only seems appropriate...

4 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

Those trails sound great. We'll have to do a weekend run there sometime. Have fun at Bradbury tomorrow. Wish I could make it, but MDI awaits.

Blaine Moore said...

Were you wearing those shoes that you were field testing a month ago or so that were supposed to be water proof? I seem to recall you falling down in those shoes a few times before...

UltraFlash said...

Funny Blaine. Thanks for remembering. No, I was not wearing those unnamed shoes (to protect the brand) on this run. I fell due to sheer lack of focus. I am planning on donning the wear testing shoes for what is promising to be a nice wet run out at Bradbury. You guys enjoy MDI and other runs you are doing this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Where is the trail head for these trails. I may just run over there tomorrow for my planned 8 miles.