Saturday, May 24, 2008

50 miles...

Tomorrow morning at 6 AM the gun goes off for the inaugural Pineland Farms Trail Challenge 50 Miler, and I will be among the starters.

This week's running has been all about leg preparation for tomorrow's race. Tuesday and Wednesday I ran pretty quick over a 6.3 mile course from my home (both early morning, pre-work). Thursday and Friday I ran shorter runs from work, just to keep the legs fresh. Today I rested the legs, with the exception of the half day I spent volunteering at the race start. This was partially for fun and to hang out with friends and partially to fulfill my 8-hour volunteer commitment for the Vermont 100. It was a fun day and I had the whole family with me helping out, and we all had a great time.

Now I am off to rest, and hopefully to get a full night's sleep (my kids don't grant me this wish often). I am a little nervous about the run. I am not sure why, since the race is well done and the weather is looking great (sunny and 70). Also, I got my official Trail Monster running singlet and will proudly be wearing it tomorrow. Here's to a great race!

No comments: