Friday, November 16, 2007

Enjoy the ride

This past week was a good one. Work is a little more under control and I got out for a few great runs. The weather has been unbelievable. We had a couple days this week with temps that got into the 50s. One day was downright warm. I did run a couple road runs with negative splits that got me down to about a 7:00/mile pace. Thursday Tom Tero and I braved the South Freeport trail system behind L.L.Bean despite another runner's spotting of a couple hunters (with rifles!). It was well worth it as the trails are a welcome relief from the hard, dull asphalt.

This weekend I am planning for a full agenda of Bradbury mountain running. Tomorrow I am heading to the west side to run the mountain and Sunday I am planning on running the east side which consists of the trails we used for the Bradbury Bruiser. Saturday's run starts at 8 AM and Sunday I am starting at 7 AM. Come on out if you like. I am meeting some other Trail Monsters and am looking forward to it.

The drawing for the Western States 100 is 15 days away. There are over 1,350 people entered for just 400 spots. That leaves me and my buddies Jamie Anderson and James Demer just under a 30% chance of getting the privilege to run the Sierra Nevada in June. Keep an eye on the website December 1st starting at Noon as winners of the lottery will be posted every few minutes as they are drawn.

More importantly, this week showcased my daughter Riley's three year check-up and my "discharge" from the Maine Center for Cancer Medicine. Riley got a flu shot and I was told I was free to go with no more cancer checks, that is unless I am invaded once more which I was told was more likely in those that have had cancer previously versus the general public. Oh well, I guess I am living dangerously. Five years have passed now since my life was irrevocably changed and I am grateful for those five years. My theory during this time has been to grab life by the b***s and enjoy the ride. I think I have done that. I will have to write more about that soon. In fact, that is the theme I am planning for an article I am going to attempt to get published (following in the footsteps of fellow hundred miler and friend Jamie Anderson).

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.